You care for our communities in more ways than we can say. MBAF is fully committed to helping you perpetuate your generosity far into the future. OUR NON-PROFIT EXPERTISE GOES BEYOND TRADITIONAL AUDIT AND TAX SERVICES.
We are dedicated to supporting non-profit organizations. Our services help give back the time, flexibility, and freedom non-profits need to focus on their mission and goals. The success of a non-profit hinges on many factors: sufficient funding, generous donations from individuals and businesses, dedicated volunteers, and quality staff. Just as important is the quality of professional advice that you receive.
MBAF has an entire group specialized in meeting the unique needs of non-profits. Whether your organization has revenues of $250,000, $250 million, or more, we are dedicated to offering the highest level of service throughout the year. We understand that to best serve you, we must understand you. That’s why we’re constantly learning about trends and best practices in the non-profit arena. MBAF spends over 1,000 hours per year in pro-bono services. This not only benefits our neighborhoods, it helps us understand our communities and the array of non-profits that serve us.
We have extensive non-profit experience.
Our professionals have conducted audits for hundreds of non-profits representing a wide range of non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations. Many of these 501(c)(3) organizations receive grant funding from local, state and federal agencies. Our expertise includes single audits under OMB Uniform Guidance and the Florida Single Audit Act, in addition to audits of states and local governments.
MBAF is a member of the AICPA Government Audit Quality Center, and committed to providing quality audit services for non-profit organizations.
Our clients include:
- Animal conservation
- Charitable organizations
- Charter schools
- Community centers
- Cultural institutions
- Educational institutions
- Government entities
- Grant making organizations
- Occupational skills training
- Philanthropic organizations
- Private foundations
- Religious organizations
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) programs
- Vocational rehabilitation services
In addition, MBAF has specific experience in the New York market. We offer extensive experience working with special education preschool and school-aged programs, affordable housing and agencies funded by Westchester County Department of Social Services, New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS), New York State Office of Mental Health (OMH) and New York State Office for people with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD). We provide consolidated fiscal report (CFR) preparation, tuition rate assessments, and tax consulting services. We have a deep understanding of the New York State Education Department (SED) tuition rate methodology, analysis, and appeals.
Our expertise goes beyond traditional audit and tax services.
Technology consulting with WhiteOwl
MBAF’s technology affiliate, WhiteOwl, is devoted to helping non-profits stay focused on their mission by taking care of critical IT needs. From implementing CRM and ERP systems to providing managed services, WhiteOwl ensures an organization increases efficiency while reducing costs.
- Do you have the right processes in place to position your non-profit for growth? WhiteOwl helps align your technology with your organizational goals.
- Our customer relationship management (CRM) implementations help organizations manage constituents, donors and fundraising effectively using Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- WhiteOwl can help your non-profit execute long-term strategies to lower capital expenditures and move tedious organizational functions to the cloud using solutions such as Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Azure.
- With the unique nature of non-profit accounting, WhiteOwl understands the transparency and accuracy an organization needs for successful financial management. Using systems such as Intacct and Microsoft Dynamics GP, WhiteOwl provides solutions to get rid of outdated spreadsheets and manual processes to strengthen an organization’s financial health.
Learn how WhiteOwl and our technology consultants can help your non-profit organization.
Document management solutions with PaperSave
PaperSave helps non-profits focus on their important cause and not an overwhelming amount of paper. Developed by WhiteOwl, PaperSave is a complete document management, electronic workflow, and transaction automation solution with a seamless integration to Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge®, Financial Edge™ and Educational Edge™. With affordable document management, organizations can enjoy the benefits of a paperless office such as instant access to constituent files and financial documents. Just as non-profits do good work for their communities, PaperSave’s paperless document management does good for non-profits.
Consulting, outsourcing, and training with FMA
Our affiliate FMA works exclusively helping major foundations and non-profits meet their mission. FMA’s services are designed to help non-profit organizations, from start-ups to legacy agencies, build the fiscal muscle they need to more efficiently fulfill their mission. Operating virtually and from offices in New York City, Chicago, Oakland, and Los Angeles, FMA delivers capacity-building services in three areas:
- Consulting: FMA consulting services help maximize the effectiveness of your decision-making by providing the right financial advice, guidance, and tools to address your challenges.
- Outsourcing: Many organizations elect to outsource their fiscal office functions to FMA. Doing so can save money, provide peace of mind, ensure that best practices are being followed, and expose your organization to the latest technology.
- Training: A critical trainer to the non-profit sector, FMA works with individuals; non-profit boards of directors; executive, program, development, and human resources professionals; and foundation leadership and program officers. FMA training courses are available in select open-enrollment formats and as customized solutions to build organization-internal and cohort-level capacity.
Learn how FMA and their non-profit consulting team can help your non-profit organization.
Want to benefit from our non-profit audit, tax, and consulting expertise? Don’t hesitate to contact us now. We’d love to hear from you.