Location: Miami, FL
Perform assigned tasks in the technical areas of an engagement or project to assist in the completion of client service work. Responsible for knowing and understanding the Firm’s service approach, professional requirements and lines of business. As ability to assume greater levels of responsibility is demonstrated, more complex technical areas may be assigned. Support the Firm’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, teamwork, collaboration, innovation, respect, personalization, commitment and accountability.
Desired Personal Values and Capabilities:
- Client-service oriented
- Commitment to the profession
- Leadership ability
- Good communication skills
- Professional and mature attitude
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to establish workload priorities
- Perform assigned tasks on engagements or projects in a timely manner
- Understand assignments and follow instructions
- Organize and prepare work papers clearly, neatly, and accurately
- Learn client’s business as it relates to particular area or assignment
- Able to work independently
Knowledge and Technical Skills:
- Working knowledge of accounting theory and audit procedures
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, volumes, etc.
- Develop a good understanding of the following audit areas: confirmations, cash, prepaids, fixed assets, accounts payable and accrued liabilities
- Develop understating of what the PPC Audit Programs are requiring as part of the audit procedures
- Understand relationship between basic accounts / transactions
- Able to record adjusting and reclassification entries to trial balance
- Able to apply basic understanding to carry out instructions given in written, oral, or diagram form
- Understand the availability of Firm’s technology (audit software, research tools, extraction software, etc.).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Continued):
Knowledge and Technical Skills (continued):
- Assist in research projects
- Attend required CPE Seminars
- Perform other assigned duties, as requestedCommunication Skills:
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
- Ask Questions!
- Update senior / supervisor of job status and concerns
- Communicate both verbally and written, progress achieved; problems identified; opportunities; anticipated needs of clients, etc.
- Gain client’s confidence through responsiveness and effective relationships
- Relate well with client service team and other Firm associatesService Approach:
- Apply Firm’s mission statement to all aspects of service approach
- Display enthusiasm for work
- Participate in marketing skills developmentAdministrative Compliance:
- Follow Firm policies and procedures
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this position successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and auditing standards.
Familiarity with audit procedures and the ability to distinguish between material and immaterial items.
Knowledge of Windows, Word and Excel to produce work papers, working trial balances, related spreadsheets and perform audit procedures.
Educations and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited college or university is required.