This is an outstanding opportunity for an international tax professional seeking to join a top 40 national CPA firm with resources that only a national firm can offer, but with the work environment/culture of a local firm. Our professionals handle all areas of their clients, not just segments. With our corporate office headquartered in South Florida, we are able to accommodate the needs of our professionals from staff to director levels without the red tape.
Under direction of a Supervisor, Manager, Director or Partner, dynamic individual is responsible for detailed planning and management of engagements for preliminary review of work papers of staff assigned to their direction. As ability to assume greater levels of responsibility is demonstrated, more complex technical areas may be assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
Knowledge and Technical Skills
- Manage engagements in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner
- Compliance knowledge of forms 114,5471,5472, FATCA
- Knowledge of IRS offshore voluntary disclosures and streamline processes
- Responsible for managing, planning and scheduling engagements to ensure work is done within budget constraints, in a timely basis, and accurately
- Develop a good understanding of the following accounting areas: Preparation of financial statements using various bases of and accounting analysis of general ledger accounts
- Continue to develop long-term professional relationships with clients through exceptional client service and ability to recognize additional opportunities with current and new clients
- Identify and solve issues and think analytically
- Train and develop staff
- Strong knowledge of and application of federal and state tax laws
- Begin centralizing continued education in areas of interest (become more specialized)
- Experienced in tax return preparation and review
- Look for opportunities to expand services to existing clients and new clients
- Knowledge of accounting principles and tax laws.
- Knowledge of Prosystems fx, Windows, Word, Excel, Engagement, QuickBooks, and other applicable software programs to produce work papers, working trial balances, and related spreadsheets to perform accounting and tax services.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited college or university is required. Master’s Degree in Tax required, LLM in Taxation or JD a plus. CPA or CPA eligibility, required. Three to five years of corporate International Tax experience, within public accounting, required.