Our team works with all organizations to help realize business opportunities in complex issues, respond to key market and financial reporting developments and deliver distinctive results.
Our practice is comprised largely of former Big 4 professionals (CPAs, CISAs, MBAs). As a seasoned, accessible and well-coordinated team, we execute efficiently and with a high level of quality. We have extensive experience with highly complex, technical accounting matters and we have worked successfully with all of the Big 4 firms and other large audit firms, including working with their respective National offices. Our experience encompasses a wide spectrum of projects ranging from assisting emerging companies with accounting consultations and policy writing, to large-scale Fortune 500 global internal control projects with complex coordination and execution efforts.
Our high quality, dedicated risk advisory team includes executives with Big 4 experience serving small, medium and Fortune 500 companies in an external audit capacity. Our team has meaningful Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) experience.
Knowledge sharing and knowledge development are integral to our service delivery. Our investment in knowledge helps our engagement team operate more efficiently and effectively. We actively seek opportunities to share that knowledge and thought leadership with our clients to bring value in excess of our fees. We strive to manage our time in ways that are cost-effective and produce results and value to our clients, which we believe is derived from:
- The unparalleled advantage provided by our team’s unique set of skills and experiences from the viewpoint of the external auditor
- Significant synergies and collaboration with our clients’ external auditors, which allows for maximum leverage of our work in preparation for the external audit process
- Proactive sharing of relevant and practical thought leadership
- A strong, deep bench of professionals, including subject matter resources
Within MBAF’s Risk Advisory and Assurance practice, the Senior participates in and supervises multiple client engagement teams and other related activities. Engagements may either be risk advisory and / or assurance related, and vary in size and complexity. Our M&A transaction services team provides buyers and sellers with fully integrated services during the M&A process. Our SOX 404 and technical accounting services are seamlessly integrated within the IPO preparation process. We also provide ongoing audit preparation assistance for subsequent 10-Q and 10-K filings, as we assist with the ongoing transition to operating as a public company beyond the IPO event and a successful S-1 filing. Our Risk Advisory and Assurance services, whether advisory or assurance in nature, are designed for the dual purpose of strengthening internal controls and, in so doing, helping to improve business performance.
- This professional will plan, lead and perform internal audit and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404 procedures as a member of MBAF’s Risk Advisory and Assurance services team in accordance with the client’s audit plan and MBAF’s internal audit and SOX 404 methodologies; this professional may also assist with M&A transaction services and the preparation necessary to file an IPO through an integrated approach.
- Coordinate and perform audit procedures; create work products such as audit analyses and engagement documentation; evaluate and test processes and related controls; prepare the audit approach relating to nature, timing and extent of procedures; assign and review work of staff and assist in the preparation of the final report, and work with clients to implement a SOX 404 approach
- Maintain a strong client focus by effectively serving client needs and developing productive working relationships with client personnel, stay abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to the client’s business, deliver high-quality client service by directing the daily progress of fieldwork and informing Managers of the engagement status, and respect and protect confidential client information
- Display teamwork, integrity and leadership, support colleagues and value others’ contributions. Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment, and provide constructive on-the-job feedback and coaching
- Utilize technology and tools to continually learn and innovate, share knowledge with team members and enhance the delivery of services
- Collaborate with other members of the engagement team to plan the engagement and develop work program timelines, risk assessments, and other planning documents. Work with the engagement team to document the business processes dependent on information technology. Serve as a fieldwork leader by directing the daily progress of fieldwork, informing supervisors of engagement status, and managing staff performance
- Demonstrate and apply a thorough understanding of complex business processes. Use knowledge of the current business process environment and industry trends to identify the engagement and client service issues, and communicate this information to the engagement team and client management through written correspondence and verbal presentations. Demonstrate and apply strong project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services
To qualify, candidates must have:
- A bachelor’s degree and approximately 2 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 1-2 years of related work experience
- Degree in accounting, finance, business or a related field
- Approximately 1-2 years of related audit or applicable business experience; public accounting and SEC audit experience preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Significant experience in applying relevant technical knowledge in financial statement audits and internal or operational audits, including as it relates to SOX compliance
- Project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Leadership, teamwork and client service skills
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
- Successful candidates should be available to travel outside of their assigned office location approximately 10 – 25% of the time (including internationally), plus commute within the region. Successful candidates must work in excess of standard hours when necessary.
- CPA certification is preferred; other verifications would be considered: CISA, CIA, CFE, etc. Non-certified hires are required to become certified to be eligible for promotion to Manager