Summary of Responsibilities
The Senior Desktop Support Technician is responsible for providing maintenance of the computer desktop environment by analyzing requirements, resolving problems, installing hardware and software solutions, and supporting the internal IT Desktop Support Team. You will be responsible for administration and internal support of the company’s PCs, printers, servers, and related equipment. Tasks include end user support, hardware & license tracking, and coordinating PC maintenance, upgrades, configurations, and any other tasks as needed.
- Guide desktop support staff through proper decision making and escalation
- Manage desktop and laptop imaging and deployments
- Maintain IT Inventory and supplies
- Able to manage team schedules based on demand
- Provide first level contact and convey resolutions to customer issues
- Raise awareness of recurring issues to IT Management for resolution
- Address high priority level issues quickly and thoroughly
- Ensure proper recording, documentation and closure of tickets
- Recommend procedure modifications or improvements
- Understand and apply firm policy and procedures
- Orient and Train new staff
- Address any other items as needed
- Detail oriented and capable of documenting tasks and procedures
- Strong, professional client-facing and communication skills
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- Customer service orientation
- Thorough knowledge of Windows environment
- Advanced understanding of Active Directory
- Mobile devices including Android and IOS platforms
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office2013/2016/Office 365
- Demonstrate the ability to learn new technology and apply best practices
- Proficiency in English
- Bachelor’s Degree (i.e. Computer Science or Information Systems) preferred.
- Professional certification from Microsoft in network software is considered desirable.
- 3-5 years working experience in Desktop Support preferred
- Normal office hours are 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Seasonal Saturday availability is required several times per year. Occasional overtime may be required. Most work will be performed within the office but may be extended to support clients outside of the firm. There may be occasional travel overnight to out-of-town offices for support. Duties include lifting objects approximately 5-40 lbs. Also, physically crouching and/or lifting to install computers and printers.