Perform assigned responsibilities on engagements. Under direction of a Supervisor, Manager, Director or Partner is responsible for detailed planning and management of engagements for preliminary review of work papers of staff assigned to their direction. Responsible for knowing and understanding the Firm’s service approach, professional requirements and lines of business. As ability to assume greater levels of responsibility is demonstrated, more complex technical areas may be assigned. Support the Firm’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, teamwork, collaboration, innovation, respect, personalization, commitment, and accountability.
Desired Personal Values and Capabilities
- Client-service oriented
- Commitment to the profession
- Leadership ability
- Good communication skills
- Professional and mature attitude
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Able to establish workload priorities
- Perform assigned tasks on engagements or projects in a timely manner
- Understands assignments and follows instructions
- Able to analyze complex matters
- Organize and prepare work papers clearly, neatly, and accurately
- Learn client’s business as it relates to particular areas or assignment
- Able to work independently
Knowledge and Technical Skills
- Manage engagements in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner
- Develop a good understanding of the following accounting areas: engagement letter, representation letters, management letters, cash flow worksheets and drafting financial statements
- Continue to develop long-term professional relationships with clients through exceptional client service
- Responsible for managing, planning and scheduling engagement to ensure work is done within budget constraints, in a timely basis, and accurately
- Identify and solve issues
- Train and develop new staff
- Know federal and state tax laws
- Begin centralizing continued education in areas of interest (become more specialized)
- Read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations
- Experience in tax return preparation
- Computer skills
- Perform other assigned duties, as requested in addition to the Knowledge and Technical Skills included on the Staff Job Description
- Continue to improve and develop effective oral and written communication skills.
- Communicate timely with supervisor, senior manager and partner on engagement status.
- Continue to gain client’s confidence through responsiveness and effective relationships.
- Relate well with client service team and other Firm associates.
- Begin developing mentoring skills (see Firm brochure for details).
- Apply Firm’s mission statement to all aspects of service approach
- Display enthusiasm for work
- Participate in marketing skills development
- Recognize the importance of existing clients and obtaining new clients
- Look for opportunities to expand services to existing clients and new clients
- Follow Firm policies and procedures
- Display innovative leadership
- Assist with firm recruiting (career fairs, firm events, etc.)
Responsible for the supervision of accounting staff
To perform this position successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and tax laws.
- Knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel, Epace, depreciation solutions, prosystems fx engagement and other applicable software programs to produce work papers, working trial balances, and related spreadsheets to perform accounting and tax services.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited college or university is required. Working towards a Master’s degree and CPA certificate. Accounting experience – 3 to 4 years.