Possess complete knowledge of the Firm’s philosophy and is conversant with its quality control policies and procedures. Primarily responsible for larger and more complex engagements and may oversee two or more engagements simultaneously. Assumes responsibility for supervising engagements and special assignments, can review work papers and financial statements, and can communicate with clients on a one-to-one basis. Expected to participate in administrative planning, particularly in continuing education and personnel development. Supports the Firm’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, teamwork, collaboration, innovation, respect, personalization, commitment, and accountability.
Desired Personal Values and Capabilities:
- Client-service oriented
- Commitment to the profession
- Leadership ability
- Good communication skills
- Professional and mature attitude
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to establish workload priorities
- Perform assigned tasks on engagements or projects in a timely manner
- Understand assignments and follow instructions
- Able to analyze complex matters
- Organize and prepare work papers clearly, neatly, and accurately
- Learn client’s business as it relates to particular areas or assignment
- Able to work independently
Knowledge and Technical Skills:
- Able to supervise engagements and special assignments using established Firm policies and procedures
- Coordinate various phases of engagements: plan engagements, budget time and expenses, monitor actual performance against budget, review working papers for accuracy and completeness, and review financial statements for suitability of presentation and adequacy of disclosures
- Resolve accounting and auditing problems as they arise
- Provide supervision and on-the-job training to staff assigned to audit engagement
- Analyze and evaluate clients’ internal control systems
- Support training of staff members, offer guidance and direction and provide feedback of work papers
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Continued):
Knowledge and Technical Skills (continued):
- Assign work to staff members based on their knowledge and capabilities
- Ensure that work papers, financial statements, representation letters and management letters are prepared in accordance with generally accepted professional and Firm standards
- Continue to develop long-term professional relationships with clients through exceptional client service including: communicate engagement’s progress, problems, resolutions, financial information, tax activity and other business concerns to the client
- Review with manager or partner significant findings that raise questions involving accounting principles or statement presentation
- Identify opportunities to sell additional services to existing clients and with management participation in selling these services
- Read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations
- Prepare staff evaluation reports
- Prepare client billing statements on a monthly basis
- Prepare CPE Seminars (with assistance of lower levels)
- Perform other assigned duties, as requested
- Possess effective oral and written communication skills
- Communicate timely with senior manager, director and partner on engagement status
- Continue to gain client’s confidence through responsiveness and effective relationships
- Relate well with client service team and other Firm associates
- Possess mentoring skills
- Apply Firm’s mission statement to all aspects of service approach
- Display enthusiasm for work
- Participate and embrace marketing skills development
- Recognize the importance of existing clients and obtaining new clients
- Look for opportunities to expand services to existing and new clients
- Involvement in professional and community activities
- Follow Firm policies and procedures
- Display innovative leadership
- Assist with firm recruiting (career fairs, firm events, etc.)
- Able to schedule work at advantageous times, using available staff personnel
- Able to act as an instructor in professional development programs for new hires
Responsible for the supervision of senior, semi-senior and staff auditors.
To perform this position successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and auditing standards.
Knowledge of tax laws and requirements.
Knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel, IDEA, DS2, Adobe Acrobat, TValue and Research Tools to produce work papers, working trial balances, related spreadsheets and perform audit procedures.
Educations and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited college or university is required. A Master’s degree and CPA certificate is preferred. Accounting experience – 4 to 5 years.