Alexander Binelo, CPA, is a principal in the Audit Department at MBAF. He has been in the accounting profession since 2003.
Alex is MBAF’s Healthcare Audit practice leader and has many years of experience auditing healthcare organizations under Generally Accepted Accounting Principles as well as under accounting practices prescribed by State Offices of Insurance Regulation. Alex’s healthcare audit work experience includes various Health Maintenance Organizations, hospitals, and durable medical equipment companies, amongst others. In addition, Alex has extensive work experience in the audits of various retail, wholesale/distribution and sports and entertainment organizations.
Alex’s responsibilities and functions include engagement planning, budgeting, supervision, review and researching technical issues, implementation and review of internal controls for the various aforementioned industries. He assists numerous clients in accomplishing financial and operational objectives with a specialized focus on internal development and assessment of organizations’ controls. Alex is noted for providing insightful and tailored recommendations to his audit clients.
Prior to joining MBAF, Alexander worked for a Big Four firm in the International Executive Service Tax Department.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Coral Gables Economic Development Board – Board Member
- Florida International University – Alumni Board Member
- United Way of Miami-Dade – Audit Committee Chair
- Family Resource Center of South Florida – Past Board Member
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce – Past Healthcare Committee Member
- United Way of Miami-Dade Health Care Council – Past Board Member
- Up & Comer Award – South Florida Business & Wealth, 2017
- 40 Under 40 Award – CPA Practice Advisor, 2016
- 40 Under 40 Award – South Florida Business Journal, 2015
- Miami Foundation – Miami Fellow Class VII
- Florida lnternational University – Master of Science in Taxation
- Florida International University – Bachelor of Accounting
MIAMI (September 27, 2016) – Alexander E. Binelo, CPA, a Principal in the Audit Department and Healthcare Audit practice leader at MBAF, has been selected by CPA Practice Advisor as a 2016 40 Under 40 Honoree. This award recognizes 40 accounting pr ...Explore
MBAF's Alexander Binelo Appointed to Florida International University's Alumni Board of Directors and Healthcare MBA Advisory Council
MIAMI – October 12, 2015 – Alexander Binelo, CPA, principal in the Audit Department and Healthcare Audit practice leader at MBAF, a nationally recognized public accounting firm, has been appointed to Florida International University’ ...Explore