Erbin J. Ramirez, CPA, is a principal in the Audit Department at MBAF. Erbin has been in the public accounting practice since 2000. Erbin is immersed in the industry spending 100% of his time serving the financial services sector. With such deep industry expertise, he is a leader in MBAF’s Broker-Dealers Group.
Erbin has developed extensive expertise in the middle-market areas of investment funds, broker-dealers and banking. He is experienced in first-time through audit engagements and in providing audit and business advisory services to national and international public (SEC) and privately held companies.
His responsibilities include leading the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) engagement efforts for MBAF. He has assisted numerous clients in accomplishing financial and operational objectives.
Prior to joining MBAF, Erbin worked two years with one of the Big Four accounting firms where he coordinated and executed audit engagements.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida International University – School of Accounting Affinity Member; Advisory Board Member
- United Way of Miami-Dade – Cabinet Member/Volunteer
- Business Networking International (BNI) – Past Secretary and Treasurer
- Florida International University – Master of Accounting
- Florida International University – Bachelor of Accounting
In 2016, The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), released a “no-action letter” providing relief to broker-dealers from the effects of the Financial Accounting Standards Board’s (FASB) previously issued new accounting standard ...Explore
Revenue recognition has long been a risk area in the preparation of broker dealer financial statements. The issuance of Accounting Standards Update (“ASU”) No. 2014-09, Revenue from Contracts with Customers, made that risk a little higher ...Explore
Miami-Dade County is known for its beaches and exciting nightlife. Unfortunately, it is also becoming known as ground zero for condo fraud in the state. The highest number of allegations of condo association fraud came from Miami-Dade in 2015, accord ...Explore