Frank Gonzalez, CPA*/CFF, is Managing Principal of MBAF’s Miami office and is the principal-in-charge of the Audit Department at MBAF, where he leads the Financial Institutions and SEC practices. As principal-in-charge of the Audit Department, Frank has full oversight of the firm’s audit practice in all offices, including the execution of processes and quality control, maintaining the department’s standards and ensuring the use of best practices among his team.
Frank provides audit, business consulting, litigation support and SEC compliance services to South Florida organizations in a wide range of industries, including real estate, financial institutions (community banking, international banking, investment funds, broker dealers) manufacturing, technology and telecommunications.
Directing the firm’s work with community banks, international banks/agencies and mortgage companies, Frank is highly experienced in the rigorous regulatory and compliance standards applied to the industry, and works with both domestic and international banking organizations. He has experience in performing audits and advisory services to bank organizations ranging in size from billion dollar multi-nationals to de novo (start-up) institutions.
Frank works hand-in-hand with clients to accomplish financial and operational objectives through initial and secondary public offerings, capital formation, and mergers and acquisitions. Frank is skilled in first-time through audit engagements, and in providing audit and business advisory services to many national and international public (SEC) and privately held companies as well as broker dealers.
*Licensed to practice in the states of Florida and New York
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Miami Downtown Chapter – Past-Board Member/Officer
- Cuban-American Certified Public Accountants – Advisory Board Member/Past President
- South Florida Banking Institute – President, 2011-Present; Board Member, 2007-Present
- The Alliance of M&A Advisors – Board Member, 2017
- Certified in Financial Forensics
- Area Stage Company – Board of Directors, 2011-Present
- CINTAS Foundation – Treasurer, 2006-Present
- Florida International University – School of Accounting Advisory Board Member, 2006-Present; Athletic Association Board Member, 2008-Present; Alumni Association Lifetime Member, 1991-Present; School of Business Leadership Circle Board Member, 2007-Present; Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity Alumni Board Member, 1991-Present
- Kiwanis Club of Little Havana and Foundation – Member, 1998-Present
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce – Board Member, 2009-Present; Leadership Miami Graduate, 2006
- Orange Bowl Committee – Member, 2008-Present; Executive Committee Treasurer, 2015-Present
- SebastianStrong – Board Member, 2017
- United Way of Miami-Dade – Board of Directors, Treasurer; Board of Trustees; Finance and Administration Committee Member, 2008-Present; Audit Committee Chairman, 2008-Present
- Power Leader in Banking and Finance – South Florida Business Journal, 2016
- Top CPAs in Litigation Support – South Florida Legal Guide, 2014-2006
- Salute to Miami’s Leaders, Banking and Finance – Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, 2010
- Excellence in Accounting Award Finalist, Litigation Support – South Florida Business Journal, 2005
- University of Miami – Master of Business Administration in Accounting and Finance
- Florida International University – Bachelor of Accounting
In a Financial Institution Letter, dated May 1, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) announced the release of the final handbook designed to help de novo banks apply for deposit insurance. According to the letter, “the handbook offe ...Explore
In a move that many are calling “the stuff of banker’s dreams,” Gary Cohn, White House Economic Council director, said the White House intends to “rollback” the regulations imposed on the financial industry under the Dod ...Explore
When Mark, an experienced lender, received the 2015 year-end financial statements for Amped Up, an electrical subcontractor, he felt like something wasn’t quite right. Inventory had grown substantially over the last three years and the company’s ...Explore
The U.S. House of Representatives passed a bill last week along party lines that would repeal or eliminate many of the regulations imposed by the Dodd Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. The bill, which is called the Financial Choic ...Explore
Frank Gonzalez, CPA/CFF, managing principal of the Miami office and the principal-in-charge of the Audit Department at nationally recognized public accounting firm MBAF, has recently been appointed to the board of SebastianStrong. SebastianStrong is ...Explore
Banking CEO’s and senior executives from both community banks and large commercial banks gathered at the University of Miami on Wednesday to discuss some of the biggest issues impacting banking nationwide and in South Florida. At the Greater Mi ...Explore
From tax reform to regulatory re-alignment, the new administration in Washington, D.C. has signaled its intent to significantly alter the way that businesses and consumers are governed. In fact, one key area of federal oversight — the regulation of ...Explore