Frank Gonzalez, CPA*/CFF, is Managing Principal of MBAF’s Miami office and is the principal-in-charge of the Audit Department at MBAF, where he leads the Financial Institutions and SEC practices. As principal-in-charge of the Audit Department, Frank has full oversight of the firm’s audit practice in all offices, including the execution of processes and quality control, maintaining the department’s standards and ensuring the use of best practices among his team.
Frank provides audit, business consulting, litigation support and SEC compliance services to South Florida organizations in a wide range of industries, including real estate, financial institutions (community banking, international banking, investment funds, broker dealers) manufacturing, technology and telecommunications.
Directing the firm’s work with community banks, international banks/agencies and mortgage companies, Frank is highly experienced in the rigorous regulatory and compliance standards applied to the industry, and works with both domestic and international banking organizations. He has experience in performing audits and advisory services to bank organizations ranging in size from billion dollar multi-nationals to de novo (start-up) institutions.
Frank works hand-in-hand with clients to accomplish financial and operational objectives through initial and secondary public offerings, capital formation, and mergers and acquisitions. Frank is skilled in first-time through audit engagements, and in providing audit and business advisory services to many national and international public (SEC) and privately held companies as well as broker dealers.
*Licensed to practice in the states of Florida and New York
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Miami Downtown Chapter – Past-Board Member/Officer
- Cuban-American Certified Public Accountants – Advisory Board Member/Past President
- South Florida Banking Institute – President, 2011-Present; Board Member, 2007-Present
- The Alliance of M&A Advisors – Board Member, 2017
- Certified in Financial Forensics
- Area Stage Company – Board of Directors, 2011-Present
- CINTAS Foundation – Treasurer, 2006-Present
- Florida International University – School of Accounting Advisory Board Member, 2006-Present; Athletic Association Board Member, 2008-Present; Alumni Association Lifetime Member, 1991-Present; School of Business Leadership Circle Board Member, 2007-Present; Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity Alumni Board Member, 1991-Present
- Kiwanis Club of Little Havana and Foundation – Member, 1998-Present
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce – Board Member, 2009-Present; Leadership Miami Graduate, 2006
- Orange Bowl Committee – Member, 2008-Present; Executive Committee Treasurer, 2015-Present
- United Way of Miami-Dade – Board of Directors, Treasurer; Board of Trustees; Finance and Administration Committee Member, 2008-Present; Audit Committee Chairman, 2008-Present
- Power Leader in Banking and Finance – South Florida Business Journal, 2016
- Top CPAs in Litigation Support – South Florida Legal Guide, 2014-2006
- Salute to Miami’s Leaders, Banking and Finance – Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, 2010
- Excellence in Accounting Award Finalist, Litigation Support – South Florida Business Journal, 2005
- University of Miami – Master of Business Administration in Accounting and Finance
- Florida International University – Bachelor of Accounting
In a Financial Institution Letter, dated May 1, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) announced the release of the final handbook designed to help de novo banks apply for deposit insurance. According to the letter, “the handbook offe ...Explore
In a move that many are calling “the stuff of banker’s dreams,” Gary Cohn, White House Economic Council director, said the White House intends to “rollback” the regulations imposed on the financial industry under the Dod ...Explore
When Mark, an experienced lender, received the 2015 year-end financial statements for Amped Up, an electrical subcontractor, he felt like something wasn’t quite right. Inventory had grown substantially over the last three years and the company’s ...Explore
MBAF’s Frank Gonzalez Named to Board of the Alliance of Merger & Acquisition Advisors' South Florida Chapter
Frank Gonzalez, CPA/CFF, managing principal of the Miami office and the principal-in-charge of the Audit Department at nationally recognized public accounting firm MBAF, has been appointed to the board of The Alliance of Merger & Acquisition Advi ...Explore
Today, President Trump signed an executive order that would roll back the landmark Dodd-Frank Act passed after the financial crisis, as part of his pledge to scale back regulations he says is holding down banks and businesses in the United States. Cr ...Explore
After Donald Trump’s surprise victory in November, many observers were left wondering what a his presidency would mean for the financial regulatory environment, given his repeated campaign promises to significantly roll-back many recent financi ...Explore
MBAF's Frank Gonzalez was recently named a Banking and Finance Power Leader by SFBJ. Frank is Managing Principal of the Miami office and Principal-in-Charge of the Audit Department. ...Explore