Hernando Gomez, MBA, MIB, ITF, is a director in the Management Advisory Services Department at MBAF. Since 1997, he has focused his practice in business valuations, corporate finance, debt management, financial modeling and litigation support for various industries including automotive dealerships, construction, family limited partnerships, financial institutions including banking, investment, manufacturing, professional services firms, real estate, retail, technology, utilities and wholesale/distribution.
Hernando has traveled extensively delivering business valuation and other business/management-related seminars in 20+ countries worldwide. He has been invited as an international trainer to national and international events in North America, Latin America, Europe, UAE and Asia.
Hernando manages national and international engagements to assist clients in business valuation, mergers and acquisitions, financial modeling and forecasting, business plans/deals and other financial advisory services. He prepares valuation analysis and complex valuation models for the following purposes: business acquisitions/sales, financial reporting, stock option valuations, tax related matters and arbitration/litigation matters. Hernando has designed and trained business valuation programs and led the business valuation discussion group.
Hernando supervises preparation of summaries of financial statements, tax returns and other quantitative data. He develops and monitors budgets on valuation engagements and prepares damage and lost profits computations. He has an understanding of the clients’ business, industry and economy. He also assists experts in preparation for depositions and trials.
- American Finance Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- American Society of Appraisers – Miami Chapter President
- Association of Binational Chambers of Commerce (ABiCC) – Committee Member
- BBVA Compass – South Florida Market Advisory Board Member
- BNI Platinum – Treasurer
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida International Bankers Association (FIBA) – Vice Chair, Asian Markets Committee
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce – Banking and Finance Committee Member, Global Linkage Committee Chair and Leadership Miami Graduate
- Hong Kong Business Association of Florida – Founding Member and Treasurer
- History Miami’s Flagler Street Society – Member
- Junior Chamber International (JCI) – International Training Fellow and JCI Senator
- United Way of Miami-Dade – Young Leader and Impact Counsel Committee Member
- Universidad del Norte – Alumni Miami Chapter Committee Chairman
- Florida International University – Master in International Business
- Universidad del Norte – Master in Business Administration
- Universidad del Norte – Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering, Specialization in Finance and in Project Management
The Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce is jetting off to Asia in April for an Americas Linkage business development trip to China and Hong Kong. The delegation is to make stops in Guangzhou, Shanghai, Tianjin and Beijing and Hong Kong from April 13-25 ...Explore
MBAF announces that Hernando Gomez, a firm director, has joined the Advisory Board of BBVA Compass. His extensive knowledge of the business climate of 20+ countries will be a valuable asset for the bank’s growth in 2017 and beyond. Download the ...Explore
The Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, in conjunction with the Florida International Bankers Association’s Asian Market Committee, continues working strongly to promote Miami as a prime spot for Chinese investors and financial institutions. The ...Explore