Ronald D. Finkelstein, CPA*/ABV, is a principal in the Tax and Accounting Department at MBAF. Ron is the principal-in-charge of the firm’s Fort Lauderdale office and leads the firm’s Healthcare Services Group. Ron has been in the public accounting profession since 1982.
As principal-in-charge of the Healthcare Services Group, Ron’s healthcare practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, commercial transactions, fraud and abuse, managed care and healthcare regulatory matters. Ron has counseled clients on: clinical integration; new delivery models, including ACOs; Medicare & Medicaid reimbursement; Stark-related matters; physician incentive arrangements and valuation of healthcare provider businesses.
His clients include ambulatory surgery centers, imaging centers, anatomic and clinical laboratories, HMOs, home health providers, hospitals, and physician group practices. Ron’s healthcare experience ranges from accounting, auditing, tax consulting and valuation of medical practices and other healthcare providers, to mergers and acquisitions and comprehensive strategic planning.
Ron has extensive experience with healthcare-related forensic and litigation matters. He has served as an expert witness in Dade, Broward and Palm Beach county courts for various healthcare providers in cases involving breach of contract, valuation matters, fraud investigation, partnership dispute/buy-sell and shareholder actions.
Ron has been a frequent lecturer both locally and nationally on a wide variety of healthcare accounting and practice management topics. He has presented to medical group administrators, accountants and CFOs at the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA) National Healthcare Industry Conferences on Medicare reimbursement, billing and collection best practices, financial reporting and benchmarking, Stark law compliant compensation arrangements, current trends in physician mergers and acquisitions and tax planning matters.
Ron has also served clients in the manufacturing, real estate, restaurant, wholesale/distribution and internet marketing industries. In his work with closely held entrepreneurial businesses, Ron is noted for providing insightful profit enhancement.
*Licensed to practice in the states of Florida and California
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Health Care Expert Panel, Forensic and Valuation Services Section Member
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV)
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Medical Group Management Association
- National CPA Health Care Advisors Association
- Broward Workshop – Board Member
- Council of Economic Advisors – Board Member
- Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce – Trustee Member
- Florida Community Health Network – Audit Committee Chair
- Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital Foundation – Board and Finance Committee Member
- Memorial Foundation – Board and Finance Committee Member
- United Way of Broward County – Tocqueville Society Member
- Power Leader in Healthcare – South Florida Business Journal, 2012
- Key Partners Award, Industry Specialists – South Florida Business Journal, 2009
- Excellence in Accounting, Healthcare – South Florida Business Journal, 2005
Publications and Seminars
- 3rd Annual Medical Group Management Association – South Florida Symposium, October 2016 – Speaker
- Healthcare Mergers & Acquisition – American Institute of CPA’s (AICPA) National Healthcare Industry Conference, November 2014 – Lecturer
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers – Mergers & Acquisition Due Diligence – National CPA Health Care Advisors Association (HCAA) Fall Conference, October 2014 – Lecturer
- Health Care Accounting & Auditing Update – AICPA Audit Risk Alert 2013/2014 – AICPA National Healthcare Industry Conference, November 2013 – Lecturer
- Mergers and Acquisitions – AICPA National Healthcare Industry Conference, June 2012 – Lecturer
- The CPA’s Role in Mergers and Acquisitions: Due Diligence Assistance to PPMCs and Private Equity Firms – BVR’s Guide to Healthcare Valuation, Third Edition, Part III, May 2012
- Practice Management Advisor – Editor
- Physician Reimbursement & Reporting – AICPA National Healthcare Industry Conference, November 2007 – Lecturer
- Due Diligence Assistance & Tax Structuring – AICPA National Healthcare Industry Conference, November 2006 – Lecturer
- Physician M&A Due Diligence – AICPA National Healthcare Industry Conference, November 2005 – Lecturer; National CPA Healthcare Advisors Association, October 2005 – Lecturer
- Stark Update – AICPA and FICPA National Healthcare Industry Conferences, May 2003, November 2003 – Lecturer
- Tax and Other Issues Affecting Physician Integration Activities – Medical Business News, October 2003
- Concordia University – Bachelor of Accounting
Adam Spiegel, CPA, has been named Managing Principal of the Fort Lauderdale office of nationally recognized accounting firm MBAF, effective immediately. The announcement was made by Tony Argiz, Chairman and CEO of MBAF. As a Managing Principal, Spieg ...Explore