Santiago Pujals, Jr., CPA, is a principal in the Tax and Accounting Department at MBAF. A member of the MBAF team since 1992, when he joined the firm as a supervisor, Santiago participates in the administration and marketing of the firm’s tax consulting services.
Santiago provides senior counsel to MBAF clients on tax planning issues with an emphasis on state and local taxation. With more than 20 years in public accounting, Santiago’s areas of expertise include income tax planning, sales and use tax planning, mergers and acquisitions, due diligence reviews and representation of clients during examinations by the Internal Revenue Service, Florida Department of Revenue and the revenue departments of various other states. He has authored numerous articles as a columnist for Professional Auto News and the quarterly newsletter Driving Profits.
Santiago represents clients in a broad range of industries including automotive dealerships, manufacturing, wholesale and distribution, technology and new business ventures, financial institutions, money funds transfer, transportation and logistics and professional service organizations.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Cuban-American CPAs Association – Member
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants – State Tax Section (Special Interest Group), Steering Committee Member
- Marquette University – Past Alumni Admissions Coordinator
- Mercy Hospital Foundation – Ambassadors of Mercy Hospital, Executive Committee; Past Associate Ambassador of Mercy Hospital
- Excellence in Accounting – Litigation Support – 2005, South Florida Business Journal
- University of Miami – Master of Science in Taxation
- Marquette University – Bachelor of Science in Accounting
Last month we reported that, Florida Governor, Rick Scott signed an executive order designed to aid Florida victims of Hurricane Irma, which included a provision that allowed The Florida Department of Revenue to “suspend compliance deadlines an ...Explore
Under the powers granted to him by virtue of the Emergency Management Act, in September of 2017, Florida Governor, Rick Scott signed Executive Order 17-235 to aid Florida victims of Hurricane Irma. Among the various consumer protections in the order, ...Explore
On February 5, 2016 the Florida Department of Revenue issued TIP # 16C01-01, which announced, “Beginning Sunday, March 20, 2016, 12:00 a.m., Eastern Time (ET) and ending Saturday, March 26, 2016, 11:59 p.m. (ET), qualified target industry busin ...Explore