Steven Blumenthal, CPA, is a principal in the Tax and Accounting Department at MBAF. Steven has been in the accounting profession since 1977.
Steven specializes in providing tax services to corporations, individuals, limited liability companies and partnerships. He also has broad experience in various industries including non-profit, professional services firms (including architecture, law and medicine), real estate and construction, retail and wholesale/distribution.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants – Cooperation with IRS Committee, State Taxation Committee
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Bergen County Workforce Investment Board – Board Member, Current Chairman of the One-Stop Committee, Past Chairman
- Meadowlands Regional Chamber – Chairman of the Board Advisors
- Eastwick College – Former Board Member
- GreenFaith – Past Chairman of the Board, Current Treasurer and Board Member
- Baruch College – Post-Master’s Professional Certificate in Taxation
- University of Hartford – Master of Science in Accounting
- University of Hartford – Bachelor of Science in Accounting
Business owners may need capital to support growth, and the money in their IRA can be tempting. Nevertheless, the pitfalls can be steep, as illustrated in a recent Tax Court case (Thiessen v. Commissioner, 146 T.C. No. 7 [3/29/16]). Here, the court r ...Explore
The Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) has issued a final rule updating the reporting requirements for a number of direct and indirect types of investments made in the U.S. by foreign nationals. The finalized rules becam ...Explore
According to New Jersey’s Department of the Treasury, The New Jersey Division of Taxation is offering businesses and individuals that have unpaid tax liabilities from tax periods 2005 through 2013 an easy way to request and enter into a closing ...Explore
A lot has changed in the Meadowlands since 2004. Just take the Meadowlands Sports Complex. Xanadu became American Dream, Giants Stadium became MetLife Stadium, the old grandstand at Meadowlands Racetrack became the new grandstand at Meadowlands Racet ...Explore