Fraud can affect any organizaiton. Our fraud examiners and forensic accountants combine their investigative knowledge with accounting skills to determine how fraud is perpetrated.
MBAF provides a wide range of advisory, investigative, and litigation consulting services. We stay one step ahead of fraud perpetrators and ever-evolving schemes with ongoing fraud-detection training. We participate in state and national litigation and fraud conferences organized by both the AICPA and the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.
Our professionals work with state authorities in a variety of matters providing forensic accounting and expert testimony. In addition, we specialize in Florida’s Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act (FDUPTA).
MBAF professionals hold various credentials including:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF)
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- Certified Computer Examiner (CCE)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
Key Forensic Accounting Services
- Civil case consulting and court testimony on subjects including stockholder lawsuits, business damages, and medical malpractice
- Damage preparation and rebuttal
- Matrimonial dissolution cases involving financial forensic analysis including mediation, trial, and court testimony
- Evaluation of internal controls to detect fraud, embezzlement, or misappropriation of funds
- Examination of abuses by corporate officers or employees to detect hidden or undervalued assets, diverted or unreported income, and inappropriate expense allocations
- Probate cases involving family disputes requiring forensic accounting; support to attorneys involved in mediation, negotiations and settlements with probate issues
- Attorney’s trust account investigation and defense
Our forensic accounting and litigation consulting expertise is vast and we’d love to put our knowledge to work for you. Don’t hesitate to contact us now to speak with one of our forensic accounting specialists.