A strong internal control program results in powerful benefits to key areas of your business. There’s no such thing as “one-size-fits-all” compliance. That’s why we offer a highly customized approach for your SOX needs.
Effective design and implementation of controls not only ensures the availability of more accurate and timely information to better manage the business, but also reduces the risk of errors or irregularities. A robust internal control system heightens management’s credibility with stakeholders, provides clarity of the roles and responsibilities within operations, and reduces costs by resulting in greater operating efficiency and increased operating performance. In addition, an effective program reduces regulatory and litigation risk, builds credibility with vendors, lenders, and regulators, and attracts new business partners and buyers.
We provide a wide-range of SOX compliance services that cater to established public companies, as well as companies planning to go public. We also work with private companies that seek to establish or enhance their internal controls. Our services include:
- SOX program implementation and optimization
- Outsourcing and co-sourcing (partnering with internal audit)
- Information Technology risk assessment and IT systems implementation
Our risk-based approach
Our approach to SOX compliance is guided by the COSO 2013 Framework definition of internal control and by global leading practice standards. We can assist you in managing your entire effort around SOX compliance including:
- Managing the SOX project
- Preparing documentation
- Assessing the design and effectiveness of internal controls
- Assisting in the development of an internal control structure that enhances the efficiency of testing operating effectiveness
- Educating company staff to ensure compliance with processes in the years to come
Integrated business and IT approach
The rapidly changing pace of technology is creating risks that make navigating today’s IT environment more challenging. As we understand your business processes and controls, we focus on identifying where IT applications support or perform key business process controls. Our IT team members assist with identifying IT-related control points including:
- Key interfaces between and/or among in-scope IT applications
- Application controls
- Application authorization and/or automated work flow processes
- Master data tables
- Data used on key reports
- Data used to make decisions or perform controls
- Areas where segregation of duties concerns exist within an application and across multiple applications
Our expertise is vast and we’d love to put our knowledge to work for you. Don’t hesitate to contact us now.