Andre N. Chammas, CPA, is a principal in the Tax and Accounting Department at MBAF. Andre has been in the public accounting profession since 1993.
Andre has in depth experience in financial reporting and tax compliance requirements for a diverse client base consistent of professional associations, corporations, S-corporations, partnerships, sole proprietors, non-profit institutions, estates and trusts and individuals. These include numerous mid-size family owned businesses, music industry performers, real estate investors, international clients, wholesalers/distributors, professional athletes and restaurants.
Andre specializes in financial and tax reporting, tax consulting, devising tax strategies, evaluating clients’ financial and tax conditions and representation before the Internal Revenue Service for business entities and individuals. Andre works extensively on tax reporting for GAAP, and provides general consulting to clients on technical requirements. Andre consults with owners, executives and board members on financial reporting, accounting systems, management policies, operational opportunities, and strategic initiatives. He also provides analysis and planning for start-up businesses to aid in selecting the best choice of legal entity.
Andre serves a variety of industries and to each brings a reputable record since 1993 in combined accounting, tax and management experience.
*Licensed to practice in the states of Florida, Georgia and Massachusetts
Affiliations and Accreditations
- Certified Public Accountant – state of Florida, 2002; Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 2001; state of Georgia, 1996
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida International University President’s Council – Member
- Florida International University HealthCare Network – Board of Directors Finance and Audit Committee Member, 2011-2016; Board of Directors Finance and Audit Committee Chair, 2015-2016
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society – Southern Florida Chapter, Board of Trustees Member, 2009-Present; Board of Trustees Treasurer, 2010-2011
- United Way of Miami-Dade – Financial Stability Development Committee Member, 2011-Present; Young Leaders Member, 2008
- CPAs Get Credit Flowing to Cash-Starved SMBs – Accounting Today, December 2009
- St. Thomas University – Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting
The Florida Department of Revenue has announced that The 2018 Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday has been passed by the Florida Legislature and signed into law by Governor Rick Scott. This year the sales tax holiday begins Friday, June 1, 2018 a ...Explore
Many people prize tax deductions. The promise of a deduction can affect decisions in many areas, including charitable contributions, home buying, and investing in rental property. However, tax deductions offer only partial relief because they reduce ...Explore
On December 13, 2016 the Internal Revenue Service released the optional standard mileage rates used to calculate the deductible costs of operating an automobile for business, charitable, medical, or moving purposes. The business mileage rate decrease ...Explore