David Evangelista CPA, CGMA is a principal at MBAF with extensive experience providing litigation support, audit, and tax and accounting services.
With over 30 years of experience, David offers extensive knowledge in the investigation of fraud and business theft, litigation consulting, forensic accounting, as well as audit and taxation of ERISA/employee benefit funds. Throughout his career he has been an active leader in the accounting profession at the national, state and local level, with a particular focus on Employee Benefit Plans and issues.
He has provided consulting support to counsel, deposition, and trial testimony in cases including matters such as theft and fraud, royalty disputes, matrimonial matters, damages, business disputes, accounting malpractice, business valuations, bankruptcies, partner/shareholder disputes, bond claims, and ERISA employer collection matters.
David has extensive experience in the audit, review and compilation of financial statements in various industries, including health care providers, real estate, import and export wholesalers, construction, and other businesses including closely held entities, family-owned businesses, and high net worth individuals.
- U.S. Department of Labor’s ERISA Advisory Council – Past Member, 2008-2010
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- AICPA Forensic and Valuation Services Section– Member
- AICPA Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center – Executive Committee, 2003-2007
- AICPA National Employee Benefit Plans Committee and various Task Forces – Past Member
- AICPA Virtual Grassroots Panel (formerly the Group of 100) – Past Member
- International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans (IFEBP)
- IFEBP – Board of Directors, 2014-2016; Financial Review Committee, 2008-2010 & 2013-2015 (Chair), Professionals Committee, 2012, & 2016-2017; Accountants’ Committee, 2007
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants
- NYSSCPA’s Foundation for Accounting Education – President, Board of Trustees, 2016-2017; Board Member, 2013-2019
- NYSSCPA – Past Vice-President, 2012-2013; Board of Directors, 2002-2007; Finance Committee, 2013-2014; Nominating Committee, 2015
- NYSSCPA CPA PAC – Board of Trustees, 2014-2020
- NYSSCPA Rockland County Chapter – Past President and Current Executive Board Member
- 20th Congressional District Economic Advisory Committee – Past Member
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Exempt Organizations/ Exempt Plans Key District Liaison Group – Past Member
- IFEBP Annual National Employee Benefit Conference; Benefit Plan Professionals Institute; Trustees’ & Administrators’ Institute; Investment Institute; Collections Procedures Institute; Construction Industry Benefits Conference; and Fraud Institute – Speaker
- AICPA Annual National Employee Benefit Plans Conference – Past Co-Chair and Speaker
- AICPA Annual Benefit Plans and DOL Update Conference – Past Co-Chair
- NYSSCPA/FAE Annual Employee Benefit Plans Conference – Speaker
- Penn Relays Carnival, University of Pennsylvania, Assistant to the Director, and Coordinator of Press Relations/Operations
- National Academy of Finance, Past Chairman, Advisory Board (North Rockland High School, Thiells, NY)
- Eagle Scout
- The Wharton School of Business of The University of Pennsylvania – Bachelor of Science in Economics, Concentration in Accounting
MBAF adds David Evangelista as Principal in Audit, Litigation Support, and Tax and Accounting Departments
David Evangelista CPA, CGMA, has joined nationally recognized public accounting firm MBAF as a principal in the Audit, Litigation Support, and Tax and Accounting Departments. Evangelista will be based out of the firm’s New York and Valhalla off ...Explore