Deborah Ladron de Guevara, CPA, is a principal in the Audit Department at MBAF. Deborah has been in the public accounting profession since 1999.
Deborah specializes in broker-dealers, financial institutions, hospitality, insurance companies, manufacturing, real estate, technology and internet and wholesale/distribution. This includes external audit assignments covering accounting, compliance and regulatory issues. Deborah is experienced in first-time through audit services to many public and privately held companies.
Prior to joining MBAF, Deborah worked with two of the “Big Four” accounting firms where she coordinated and executed audit engagements for several clients including public entities.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Big Brothers Big Sisters – Outreach Program, Past Member
- Coconut Grove Cares – Board of Directors, Past Treasurer
- Junior League of Miami – Past Member
- United Way of Miami-Dade – Audit Committee; Women’s Leadership Council, Past Member
- Florida International University – Master of Accounting
- Florida International University – Bachelor of Accounting
When looking at the numbers and comparing borrowers’ financial performances, you need to ensure that the financial statements you’re examining are all complying with the same accounting standards. If not, you could risk making decisions b ...Explore
For a small business to meet its loan obligations, it must possess the ability to compete in the marketplace. What factors should a lender consider in assessing a prospective borrower’s ability to compete? Analyzing financial statements can unc ...Explore
Businesses may reissue their financial statements for several reasons. Management might have misinterpreted the accounting standards, requiring the company’s external accountant to adjust the numbers. Or they simply may have made mistakes and n ...Explore
Deborah Ladron de Guevara, CPA, has been named a principal in MBAF’s Audit department. The announcement was made by Tony Argiz, Chairman and CEO of MBAF. Ladron de Guevara has been in practice since 1999 and has extensive experience in external aud ...Explore