Frank Gonzalez, CPA*, CFF, is the principal-in-charge of the Audit Department at MBAF, and leads the firm’s Financial Institutions and SEC practices. As principal-in-charge of the Audit Department, Frank has full oversight of the firm’s audit practice in all offices, including the execution of processes and quality control, maintaining the department’s standards, and ensuring the use of best practices among his team.
Frank provides audit, business consulting, litigation support, and SEC compliance services to organizations in a wide range of industries including real estate, financial institutions (community banking, international banking, investment funds). manufacturing, technology, and telecommunications.
Directing the firm’s work with community banks, international banks/agencies, and mortgage companies, Frank is highly experienced in the rigorous regulatory and compliance standards applied to the industry, and works with both domestic and international banking organizations. He has experience in performing audits and advisory services to banks ranging in size from billion dollar multi-nationals to de novo (start-up) institutions.
Frank works hand-in-hand with clients to accomplish financial and operational objectives through initial and secondary public offerings, capital formation, and mergers and acquisitions. Frank is skilled in first-time through audit engagements, and in providing audit and business advisory services to many national and international public (SEC) and privately held companies.
*Licensed to practice in the states of Florida, Illinois, and New York
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF)
- Cuban-American Certified Public Accountants – Advisory Board Member/Past President
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Miami Downtown Chapter – Past Board Member/Officer
- The Alliance of M&A Advisors – Board Member, 2017
- South Florida Banking Institute – President, 2011-Present; Board Member, 2007-Present
- Area Stage Company – Board of Directors, 2011-Present
- CINTAS Foundation – Treasurer, 2006-Present
- Florida International University – School of Accounting Advisory Board Member, 2006-Present; Athletic Association Board Member, 2008-Present; Alumni Association Lifetime Member, 1991-Present; School of Business Leadership Circle Board Member, 2007-Present; Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity Alumni Board Member, 1991-Present
- Kiwanis Club of Little Havana and Foundation – Member, 1998-Present
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce – Board Member, 2009-Present; Leadership Miami Graduate, 2006
- Orange Bowl Committee – Member, 2008-Present; Executive Committee Treasurer, 2015-Present
- SebastianStrong – Board Member, 2017
- United Way of Miami-Dade – Board of Directors, Treasurer; Board of Trustees; Finance and Administration Committee Member, 2008-Present; Audit Committee Chairman, 2008-Present; Tocqueville Society; Co-Chair, Present
- Power Leader in Banking and Finance – South Florida Business Journal, 2016
- Top CPAs in Litigation Support – South Florida Legal Guide, 2006-2014
- Salute to Miami’s Leaders, Banking and Finance – Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, 2010
- Excellence in Accounting Award Finalist, Litigation Support – South Florida Business Journal, 2005, 2006
- University of Miami – Master of Business Administration in Accounting and Finance
- Florida International University – Bachelor of Accounting
A borrower’s financial statements may look good, but they might not provide a full picture of the business’s financial health — in fact, they could be just the tip of the iceberg designed to lure you into a risky loan. It’s import ...Explore
Eighteeen MBAF professionals, CPAs and directors, were distinguished by the South Florida Legal Guide in the category of Top CPAs and Litigation Support Professionals. MBAF has consecutively been recognized by the publication for its litigation suppo ...Explore
Frank Gonzalez, CPA/CFF, managing principal of the Miami office and the principal-in-charge of the Audit Department at the nationally recognized public accounting firm MBAF, has been appointed to Co-Chair of United Way of Miami-Dade’s Tocquevil ...Explore
Sunday marked 15 years since the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 was enacted in response to scandals at Enron, WorldCom and elsewhere, introducing strict reforms to improve corporate financial disclosures and prevent accounting fraud. Has the law been eff ...Explore