Hernando Gomez is a Director in the Management Advisory Services Department at MBAF with 20+ years of experience advising local and international companies and entrepreneurs. He has focused his practice in business valuations, mergers & acquisitions, debt management, financial modeling and litigation support for various industries including automotive dealerships, banks & financial institutions, investment funds, manufacturing, logistics, professional services, real estate, construction, hospitality, sports & entertainment, technology, utilities, retail and wholesale/distribution.
Hernando manages national and international engagements to assist clients from SMEs to multi-billion dollar operations. He prepares valuation analysis and complex valuation models for the following purposes: business transactions (M&A), financial reporting including goodwill/intangible asset impairment analysis (ASC 350) and purchase price allocation analysis (ASC 805); stock option valuations and equity based compensation analysis (ASC 718) , tax, arbitration & litigation matters. Hernando has designed and trained business valuation programs and has led the business valuation discussion group.
Hernando has travelled extensively delivering business valuation and other business/management-related seminars in 20+ countries worldwide. He has been invited as an international speaker to events in North America, Latin America and the Caribbean, Europe and Asia.
- American Finance Association (AFA)
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA) – 2017 – 2018 Valuation, Forensic Accounting & Litigation committee member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- CFA Institute
- American Society of Appraisers (ASA) – 2016-2017 BV National Conference planning committee member; 2015 – 2017 Miami Chapter President; 2017 – 2018 Miami Chapter IPP
- BNI Platinum – Former Treasurer
- Florida International Bankers Association (FIBA) – Vice Chair, Asian Markets Committee
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce – 2016 – 2018 Group Chair of international business; 2014 – 2016 Americas Linkage Committee Chair; Banking and Finance Committee member and Leadership Miami Graduate
- Hong Kong Business Association of Florida – Co-Founding Member and board member
- BBVA Compass – South Florida Market Advisory Board Member
- History Miami’s Flagler Street Society – Member
- Junior Chamber International (JCI) – International Training Fellow (ITF) and JCI Senator
- United Way of Miami-Dade – Young Leader and Impact Counsel Committee Member
- Universidad del Norte – Alumni Miami Chapter Committee Chairman
- Guest speaker at multiple Universities in South Florida
- Florida International University – Master in International Business
- Universidad del Norte – Master in Business Administration
- Universidad del Norte – Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering, Specialization in Finance and in Project Management.
The Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce is jetting off to Asia in April for an Americas Linkage business development trip to China and Hong Kong. The delegation is to make stops in Guangzhou, Shanghai, Tianjin and Beijing and Hong Kong from April 13-25 ...Explore
MBAF announces that Hernando Gomez, a firm director, has joined the Advisory Board of BBVA Compass. His extensive knowledge of the business climate of 20+ countries will be a valuable asset for the bank’s growth in 2017 and beyond. Download the ...Explore
The Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, in conjunction with the Florida International Bankers Association’s Asian Market Committee, continues working strongly to promote Miami as a prime spot for Chinese investors and financial institutions. The ...Explore