Joey Epstein, CPA, CGMA, is a principal at MBAF. He is responsible for leading the firm’s business development efforts in the tri-county area.
Joey has extensive experience providing audit, accounting, tax, and consulting services to clients in a wide-range of industries including law firms and other professional service organizations, as well as wholesale/distribution and software development organizations. He has worked with publicly-traded and privately-held middle market companies ranging from start-ups to Fortune 1000. He has handled financial audits, income and sales tax audits, tax planning, and has assisted clients with their exit strategies. In addition, he is certified in Florida sales and use tax.
Joey has a wide range of experience prior to MBAF. In addition to his prior public accounting experience, he was the CFO of a start-up technology company, the COO of one of Florida’s largest law firms, and the COO of a national chain of language schools. He negotiated the sale of the language schools to a UK public company.
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA) – Immediate Past Chair and Board of Directors (6 years)
- FICPA – Main and South PACs Trustee, Council Member, Nominating Committee
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Governing Council
- Florida Bar Foundation – Audit Committee
- Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital Foundation and Memorial Foundation-Board Member
- Chair Nova Southeastern University Accounting/Masters Advisory Board
- Business for the Arts of Broward – Board Member/Treasurer
- Downtown Fort Lauderdale Transportation Management Association (Sun Trolley) – Board Member/Treasurer
- Bonnet House Museum & Gardens – Board of Directors
- The FLITE Center – Board Member
- Broward Days – Board Member/Treasurer
- ChildNet – Audit Chair
- Legal Aid of Broward – Executive Board
- Nova Southeastern University – Ambassador’s Board
- Rebuilding Together Broward – Former Board Member
- Florida Association for Child Care Management – Former Board Member
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society of South Florida-Former Board Member and Chair
- Broward County School Board and Broward Health – Audit Committees, Past
- Miami University (Ohio) – Bachelor of Science in Accounting
As a member of the South Florida Business & Wealth (SFBW) editorial advisory board, Joey Epstein, certified public accountant and adviser at MBAF, participated in a SFBW board meeting to talk business and discuss ways to enhance the publication. ...Explore
Joey Epstein has joined nationally recognized public accounting firm MBAF as a principal, where he will help expand the firm’s business development efforts in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties, specifically focusing on specialty areas ...Explore