Keith A. Urtel, CPA, is a principal in the Audit Department at MBAF where he helps oversee the Firm’s quality control process. Keith is also part of MBAF’s Risk Advisory practice where he advises companies on various matters, including Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 compliance, technical accounting, and IPO preparation. Keith has been in the public accounting profession since 1980 and gained extensive experience as a partner with a Big 4 accounting firm.
Keith has served both public and private organizations, ranging from Fortune 500 companies to closely-held entities, many with global operations. His specialties include multi-location and international operations, SEC accounting and reporting, public and private offerings, internal control over financial reporting, and financial accounting and reporting. He also has significant accounting and business experience with debt/equity offerings, business combinations, divestitures, and complex reporting matters.
Keith’s expertise includes revenue recognition, share-based compensation, foreign currency, derivative transactions, pension accounting, goodwill, purchase price allocations, income tax accounting, environmental liabilities, and consolidation.
Keith has a passion for teaching, coaching, and mentoring individuals and has lead numerous actvities designed to recruit, retain, motivate, and develop younger professionals. He is also active in his community with the United Way, Boy Scouts of America, Rotary, and supports other charitable activities. Keith has lead the establishment and development of business community-based networks for chief financial officers and controllers.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Boy Scouts of America: Council President (North Florida Council), Present; Vice President of Finance, 2012-2015
- United Way (Northeast Florida and Broward County) – Audit Committee and Campaign Cabinet; Tocqueville Society Member, 2008-Present
- Downtown Jacksonville Rotary Club – Assistant Sargeant-at-Arms
- BioFlorida – Supporting Member
- Harvard University – Executive Development and Leadership Training, 2015
- Northwestern University, J.L. Kellogg School of Management – Executive Leadership Program, 2007
- Rochester Institute of Technology – Bachelor of Science in Accounting, 1981
MBAF’s Keith Urtel Appointed Associate Teaching Professor At University Of Notre Dame’s Mendoza College Of Business
Keith Urtel, CPA, the audit principal in charge of quality and risk management at the nationally recognized public accounting firm MBAF, has been appointed associate teaching professor at the Mendoza College of Business at University of Notre Dame. W ...Explore
MBAF's Keith Urtel Spotlighted in various publications for New Position as Principal in the Audit Department
MBAF’s Keith Urtel was included in the Sun-Sentinel, FICPA and South Florida Business Journal for his new position as Principal in the Audit Department and member of the Risk Advisory Team. ...Explore
MIAMI/NEW YORK (October 7, 2015) – Keith Urtel, CPA, has joined nationally recognized public accounting firm MBAF as a principal in the Audit Department and Risk Advisory Team. Urtel will cover the Miami – New York corridor. The announcem ...Explore