Marjorie A. Horwin, CPA, is a principal in the Tax and Accounting Department at MBAF. In addition, Marjorie is the managing principal of the firm’s Boca Raton office serving Palm Beach County and the principal-in-charge of the Private Client Services Group.
Marjorie has practiced in the area of income, estate, trust and exempt organization tax planning and compliance since 1985. She specializes in working with high net worth individuals and owners of closely held businesses to develop integrated lifetime and testamentary plans that minimize income and transfer taxes, provide asset protection, facilitate business succession and address retirement and charitable planning issues.
With a focus on family wealth preservation, Marjorie works closely with her clients to identify their income and estate planning objectives. She reviews existing entity structures and testamentary plans to improve their income and estate tax efficiency. Marjorie also has extensive experience with income, trust, gift, and estate tax compliance, formation and administration of for profit private foundations and public charities, fiduciary accounting for issuance to courts and beneficiaries, representing clients in income, gift and estate tax examinations, providing litigation support for estate and trust controversies and consulting on international income and estate planning tax issues.
In addition, Marjorie holds an expertise in partnership accounting, compliance and valuation as it pertains to income estate and gift tax planning.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Boca Raton Estate Planning Council – Member
- Florida Atlantic University Wealth and Estate Planning – Steering Committee Member
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Planned Giving Council of Palm Beach – Member
- Palm Beach Estate Planning Council – Member
- Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce – Trustee
- Boca Raton Museum of Art Foundation – Former Foundation President, Professional Advisory Committee Member
- Boca Raton Community Hospital – Professional Advisory Committee
- Community Foundation of Palm Beach and Martin Counties – Professional Advisory Committee Member
- Jewish Community Foundation – Board Member; Former Professional Advisory Committee Chair
- Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach County – Former Finance Committee Member; Audit Committee Member
- University of Miami – Master of Science in Taxation
- University of Miami – Bachelor of Business Administration
S corporations must comply with several strict requirements or risk losing their tax-advantaged status. Among other things, they can have no more than 100 shareholders, can have no more than one class of stock and are permitted to have only certain t ...Explore
On August 2, 2016, the IRS and the Treasury Department proposed new regulations under Section 2704 of the Internal Revenue Code. The proposed changes will significantly impact the valuation discounts taxpayers have typically leveraged in connection w ...Explore
You probably know that a well-executed hedge fund is a valuable addition to your portfolio. Hedge funds can generate significant returns not closely tied to global stock and bond markets, providing necessary diversification in these volatile times. H ...Explore