Marjorie A. Horwin, CPA, is the managing principal of the firm’s Boca Raton office serving Palm Beach County, and is the principal-in-charge of the Private Wealth Services group, a division of MBAF’s Tax and Accounting department.
Marjorie has practiced in the area of income, estate, trust, and exempt organization tax planning and compliance for more than three decades. She specializes in working with high net worth individuals and owners of closely held businesses to develop integrated lifetime and testamentary plans that minimize income and transfer taxes, provide asset protection, facilitate business succession, and address retirement and charitable planning issues.
With a focus on family wealth preservation, Marjorie works closely with her clients to identify their income and estate planning objectives. With extensive experience in the areas of income, trust, gift, and estate tax planning and compliance, Marjorie structures plans to improve income and estate tax efficiency. Marjorie’s expertise includes federal and state tax compliance, partnership accounting, and valuation as it pertains to income, estate, and gift tax planning. In addition, Marjorie represents clients in income, gift, and estate tax examinations, provides litigation support for estate and trust controversies, and consults on international income and estate planning tax issues.
Marjorie is active in the South Florida community, and participates in many professional and charitable organizations. She has also been published in numerous publications including the Wall Street Journal, and is a frequent lecturer.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Boca Raton Estate Planning Council – Member
- Community Foundation of Palm Beach and Martin Counties – Legal Financial Network Member
- Florida Atlantic University Wealth and Estate Planning – Steering Committee Member
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Planned Giving Council of Palm Beach – Member
- Palm Beach Estate Planning Council – Member
- Boca Raton Museum of Art Foundation – Former Foundation President, Professional Advisory Committee Member
- Boca Raton Community Hospital – Professional Advisory Committee
- Community Foundation of Palm Beach and Martin Counties – Professional Advisory Committee Member and Legal Financial Network Member
- Jewish Community Foundation – Board Member; Former Professional Advisory Committee Chair
- Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach County – Former Finance Committee Member; Audit Committee Member
Seminars and Publications
- Developed a professional video in conjunction with the Community Foundation of Palm Beach and Martin County regarding Roth IRA conversions
- Written articles that have been published in the Palm Beach Post, Estate Planning, and other publications
- Lectured at numerous seminars including monthly meetings held by the FICPA and the Planned Giving Council of Palm Beach
- University of Miami – Master of Science in Taxation
- University of Miami – Bachelor of Business Administration
S corporations must comply with several strict requirements or risk losing their tax-advantaged status. Among other things, they can have no more than 100 shareholders, can have no more than one class of stock and are permitted to have only certain t ...Explore
On August 2, 2016, the IRS and the Treasury Department proposed new regulations under Section 2704 of the Internal Revenue Code. The proposed changes will significantly impact the valuation discounts taxpayers have typically leveraged in connection w ...Explore
You probably know that a well-executed hedge fund is a valuable addition to your portfolio. Hedge funds can generate significant returns not closely tied to global stock and bond markets, providing necessary diversification in these volatile times. H ...Explore