Tami Clemenza-Wilson, CPA/CFF, MST, is a principal in the Management Advisory Services Department at MBAF. Tami is the head of the marital dissolution practice of the Firm and handles all cases in the State of Florida.
Tami began her career in public accounting in 1988 and brings with her Big Four experience in taxation. Over the past 25 years, she has focused her forensic accounting services in the areas of matrimonial litigation support.
Tami has been successfully providing clients assistance in complex financial forensic issues to resolve the outcomes in highly contested matrimonial cases, including sensitive cases involving public persona, celebrities, professional athletes, Fortune 500 executives, as well as individuals with significant net worth.
With her Master in Taxation, she is able to structure and add value from inception to settlement. She is qualified as an expert in Federal and State courts in all areas of family law. She brings additional experience in forensic accounting, business valuations, commercial litigation, taxation and financial planning.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Family Law Task Force, Member; Management Consulting Services Division, Member; Taxation Division, Member
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF)
- The Florida Bar – Affiliate Member; Family Law Section; 17th Judicial Grievance Committee, Member
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts – Member
- Women in Distress of Broward County, Inc. – Board of Directors, Member; Audit Committee Chair
- Miami Herald Silver Knight Panel Judge – Broward County (2019, 2018) Dade County (2018)
- The Florida Bar Family Law Division – Affiliate Member
- Florida Atlantic University – Forensic Accounting Masters, Program Advisor, Board Member
- University of Miami – The School Business Mentor Program
- Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce – Leadership Fort Lauderdale, Class XII, 2006
- Top CPAs in Litigation Support – South Florida Legal Guide, 2019-2006
- Featured CPA – South Florida Legal Guide, June 2009
- Excellence in Accounting – Litigation Support Finalist – South Florida Business Journal, 2005, 2006
- Florida International University – Master of Science in Taxation
- University of Miami – Bachelor of Business Administration (Graduated with Honors)
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, (The Act), has brought with it many changes that impact all taxpayers. One of the provisions of The Act that may impact many Americans is the new legislation that repealed the alimony deduction after 12/31/2018. Most people ...Explore
When couples divorce, financial negotiations often involve alimony. The tax rules regarding alimony were dramatically changed by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) of 2017, but existing agreements have been grandfathered. In addition, the old rules rem ...Explore
Going through a divorce can be a stressful experience, and some items may be overlooked. Nevertheless, if you are in this situation, you should be sure to pay some attention to future health insurance. Medical bills and health insurance premiums can ...Explore
Eighteeen MBAF professionals, CPAs and directors, were distinguished by the South Florida Legal Guide in the category of Top CPAs and Litigation Support Professionals. MBAF has consecutively been recognized by the publication for its litigation suppo ...Explore
Fort Lauderdale (September 21, 2015) – Tami Clemenza-Wilson, CPA/CFF, MST, principal in the Management Advisory Services Department at nationally recognized public accounting firm MBAF, was recently named audit committee chair for Women in Distress ...Explore