Tami Clemenza-Wilson, CPA/CFF, MST, is a principal in the Management Advisory Services Department at MBAF. Tami is responsible for the marital dissolution practice of the firm and handles cases in the South Florida region.
Tami began her career in public accounting in 1988 and brings with her Big Four experience in taxation. Since 1994, Tami has focused her litigation support practice primarily in family law focusing on medium to high net worth individuals.
With her Master in Taxation, she is able to structure and add value to cases from inception to settlement. She is qualified in the South Florida Region as an expert in all areas in family law cases. She also brings additional experience in forensic accounting, business valuations, commercial litigation, taxation and financial planning.
Tami has published articles and has given lectures on specific issues relating to family law. She is recognized as an expert witness by both civil and federal courts in South Florida.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Family Law Task Force, Member; Management Consulting Services Division, Member; Taxation Division, Member
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF)
- The Florida Bar – Affiliate Member; Family Law Section; 17th Judicial Grievance Committee, Member
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts – Member
- Florida Atlantic University – Forensic Accounting Masters, Program Advisory Board Member
- University of Miami – The School of Business Mentor Program
- Women In Distress of Broward County, Inc. – Board of Directors, Member; Audit Committee Chair
- Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce – Leadership Fort Lauderdale, Class XII, 2006
- Top CPAs in Litigation Support – South Florida Legal Guide, 2018-2006
- Featured CPA – South Florida Legal Guide, June 2009
- Excellence in Accounting – Litigation Support Finalist – South Florida Business Journal, 2005, 2006
- Florida International University – Master in Taxation
- University of Miami – Bachelor of Business Administration
When couples divorce, financial negotiations often involve alimony. The tax rules regarding alimony were dramatically changed by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) of 2017, but existing agreements have been grandfathered. In addition, the old rules rem ...Explore
Going through a divorce can be a stressful experience, and some items may be overlooked. Nevertheless, if you are in this situation, you should be sure to pay some attention to future health insurance. Medical bills and health insurance premiums can ...Explore
Tami Clemenza-WilsonCPA/CFF, M.S.T., Principaltwilson@mbafcpa.com(954) 760-9000 When is alimony not alimony, and therefore not tax deductible? According to a recent case in the Tax Courts of Florida, one answer is, when it is made in a lump sum payme ...Explore
Eighteeen MBAF professionals, CPAs and directors, were distinguished by the South Florida Legal Guide in the category of Top CPAs and Litigation Support Professionals. MBAF has consecutively been recognized by the publication for its litigation suppo ...Explore
Fort Lauderdale (September 21, 2015) – Tami Clemenza-Wilson, CPA/CFF, MST, principal in the Management Advisory Services Department at nationally recognized public accounting firm MBAF, was recently named audit committee chair for Women in Distress ...Explore