With clients in more than 40 countries, MBAF has the international tax experience to define global tax strategies that minimize your tax liability worldwide.
Operating in the global market means complicated tax planning, reporting, and compliance challenges. Our multi-lingual international tax professionals manage all of your corporate and individual compliance needs while providing planning services and effective tax structures.
Whether you’re a U.S. business looking for opportunities abroad or a globally based business looking for opportunities here in the U.S., we are here to help you succeed. In addition, our international tax experts have experience helping organizations comply with the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA). Through our membership in Baker Tilly International, we have affiliates throughout the world to assist with local law and on-the-ground support.
Our clients include:
- U.S. citizens with interests overseas
- Non-resident aliens with business operations in the U.S.
- Foreigners with investments in U.S. real estate
- U.S. businesses with foreign operations
- Non-resident aliens migrating to the U.S.
Key Corporate International Tax Services
- Comprehensive tax planning relating to hybrid instruments and entities, foreign tax credits, controlled foreign corporations, income tax treaties, branch profits tax, branch level interest tax, cross-border transactions, classification, withholding, and location of intellectual property and holding companies
- Structuring of foreign investment in the United States and U.S. investments abroad
- Coordination and preparation of U.S. federal, state and local income tax returns for U.S. business entities with foreign owners and foreign business entities operating in the United States including information returns with regards to cross-border withholding, transactions with foreign related parties, foreign bank accounts, and U.S. ownership of foreign corporations and partnerships
- Transfer pricing studies
- Due diligence
- Use of tax holidays in foreign jurisdictions
Key Individual International Tax Services
- Comprehensive tax planning including the analysis of foreign tax credits, income tax treaties, foreign earned income exclusion, expatriation, residency elections, and dual-residency filing
- Pre-immigration and expatriation planning
- Compensation planning to minimize U.S. income, payroll, and estate taxes
- Foreign trusts, estates, and foundations
- Coordination and preparation of U.S. federal, state, and local income tax returns for both inpatriates and expatriates
- U.S. permanent residents living abroad
- Foreign nationals residing in the U.S.
- Foreign investments in the U.S.
- Voluntary disclosures
- U.S. international assignment services
- Recipient of foreign gifts and inheritance
Our international tax expertise is vast and we’d love to put our knowledge to work for you. Don’t hesitate to contact us now.